Fresh and savory with just a pinch of sweet & spicy boldness. This recipe uses fresh ingredients that thoroughly complement one another. Featuring blanched bok choy and savory pork belly, it is the not-too-spicy crunchy garlic chili sauce that adds one more layer to the vibrant flavor profile. Yena takes us step by step through this simple to prepare, yet lively ramen recipe.
- Wash bok choy thoroughly.
- Fill half of a pot with water and boil on high.
- Once water is boiling, add 2-3 bok choy stalks into the pot and blanch the stocks for 2-3 minutes
- “Shock” them in ice water for a moment with a strainer.
- Season with a pinch of salt.
- Slice one carrot into strips.
- Boil for 2 minutes and “shock” them by briefly dipping in ice water with a strainer.
Stir Fried Pork Belly
- Cut pork belly strip into bit sized strips
- Add ½ tbsp sesame oil to the pan as it heats on med-high.
- Add pork belly and add 1 tbsp of soy sauce on top.
- Stir fry on med-high until cooked through and golden brown.
- Drain oil and set aside.
Soft Boiled Egg
- Bring pot of water to a boil over medium heat, and boil 2 eggs for 6 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to move the eggs into ice water.
- Allow to cool for 2 minutes.
- Peel and set aside.
Sapporo Ichiban Ramen:
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook for 3 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in the seasoning packet..
- Pour ramen and noodles into a bowl.
- Add your pork belly, veggies, and eggs into the bowl on top of the ramen.
- Add Crunchy Garlic Chili Sauce to taste.