Fresh and savory with just a pinch of sweet & spicy boldness. This recipe uses fresh ingredients that thoroughly complement one another. Featuring blanched bok choy and savory pork belly, it is the not-too-spicy crunchy garlic chili sauce that adds one more layer to the vibrant flavor profile. Yena takes us step by step through this simple to prepare, yet lively ramen recipe.
Crunchy Garlic Chili Ramen
- Wash bok choy thoroughly.
- Fill half of a pot with water and boil on high.
- Once water is boiling, add 2-3 bok choy stalks into the pot and blanch the stocks for 2-3 minutes
- “Shock” them in ice water for a moment with a strainer.
- Season with a pinch of salt.
- Slice one carrot into strips.
- Boil for 2 minutes and “shock” them by briefly dipping in ice water with a strainer
Stir Fried Pork Belly
- Cut pork belly strip into bit sized strips
- Add ½ tbsp sesame oil to the pan as it heats on med-high.
- Add pork belly and add 1 tbsp of soy sauce on top.
- Stir fry on med-high until cooked through and golden brown.
- Drain oil and set aside.
Soft Boiled Egg
- Bring pot of water to a boil over medium heat, and boil 2 eggs for 6 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to move the eggs into ice water.
- Allow to cool for 2 minutes.
- Peel and set aside.
Sapporo Ichiban Ramen:
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook for 3 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in the seasoning packet..
- Pour ramen and noodles into a bowl.
- Add your pork belly, veggies, and eggs into the bowl on top of the ramen.
- Add Crunchy Garlic Chili Sauce to taste.